Thursday, December 2, 2010

Hello World!

Hi! This is where I begin telling you all my little story. I think it is tremendously important that everyone gets a chance to say their thoughts, so here is my chance! So before we dive into the fun and interesting stuff... I just want to fill in a little bit of my background, so please just hang with me for a little while.

Abby G: A (Sorta) Brief History

12/05/ 92 I was born to the young couple Liz and Greg. It was snowing horribly, and my parents and extended family were still blissfully unaware of the trouble I would cause.

12/06/92 They being to realize...

10/03/94 Maggie is born. My world becomes a little more crowded.

8/8/96 Jane is born. This turns out to be a good thing because...

12/05/92 We move to Woodville! Which isn't terribly exciting in and of itself, but I got my own room!!!

Sometime before 6th grade- My badgering has finally worn down Mom, she taught me how to knit!

15 minutes later- I learn how to frog.

8th grade- Complete the Sweater that shall not be named, seen, or mentioned every again... UGLY first sweater.

15 minutes later- Regret making stupid sweater, and cast on for a hat.

Freshman year- Establish the "gang". These truly awesome friends have greatly helped me throughout the year.

Summer between Soph and Junior year- First exploration in the world of jackasses, and heartbreak.

Junior year- Meet bf for the next year, good guy.

Summer before Senior year- Truly awful meltdown of wonderful bf that changes the history of our relationship. (Hint: Depression Sucks)

Current- Recently broke up with said wonderful guy for some rather un-wonderful reasons. I am struggling with a heavy course load, and rediscovering the importance of yarn therapy.

     This is hopefully where I begin a new chapter in my life. I have let many major turning points in my life be determined by others. Although I recognize that this is inevitable, I will now take more responsibility in my own life. I will... as corny as it seems... rediscover myself. Knitting is one of the most useful tools I have discovered in this process, so I dedicate this blog to the pursuit of happiness, in the form of alpaca, wool, and cotton.

No comments:

Post a Comment